Terms for Teeth Grinding guards.
- Occlusal Splint– Occlusal is the relationship between the upper and lower teeth.
- Bite Guard- Your bite is another dental term for occlusal surface.
- Night Guard– Since most people wear their teeth guard at night this term has become popular.
- TMJ Guard– TMJ is the pain associated with jaw joint and surrounding muscles. Typically one of the first treatments for TMJ is to get a guard.
- Bite Splint- Splint is a generic term that connects the teeth as one.
- Bruxism Guard- Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding\clenching.
- MouthGuard- Since the guard is in your mouth this term has originated. Mouthguard correctly used is the term for an athletic sports guard.
- Sleep Guard- Similar to the term night guard, since the guard is worn while sleeping.
- Teeth Grinding Guard- Teeth grinding guard and night guard are the two most common terms.
- Dental Guards- This is a generic term for any type of guard that is used in the mouth.
This is just a few of the terms used for teeth grinding guards. There is often a mixture of the terms. Like Occlusal Guard, Bruxism Splint, Bite Guard, Sleep Splint, and Tmj Splint. No matter what term you are using, the guards do the same thing. They protect your teeth at night from teeth grinding\clenching. If your interested in purchasing please visit. http://www.SportingSmiles.com